A mortgage will probably be one of the largest financial obligations you will have. As there are so many banks and lenders available with different options at each bank and lender, it can be tricky to know which one is the right fit for you. The best mortgage broker in Ottawa can help you with the complex task of finding the best mortgage for your needs.
If you are interested in finding the best mortgage broker in Ottawa to assist with getting your mortgage, you can read our detailed tips to follow. We leave you a summary here below:
- Find a mortgage broker with a great reputation.
- Look to a mortgage brokers testimonial or reviews page. If you see lots of great five star reviews, that is a good sign.
- Ask friends and family if they have used a mortgage broker before.
- Look at the number of products they offer. Sometimes a mortgage broker with a larger brokerage has access to more selection. I work for one of Canada‘s largest mortgage agency. This gives you many amazing rates and products to choose from.
- See if they charge a fee for their service. Mortgage agents typically do not charge a fee for their service when working with traditional lending.
- Look at their experience. Working with a mortgage broker that has at least 10 years experience in the industry is a good idea.
- Go with your personal feelings. By talking to mortgage brokers you will quickly find which one best suits your personality and needs. It’s great to follow your gut.