Here are some quick program details about medical doctor mortgages with Scotiabank, for example.
Contact me today to learn more about mortgage programs in Ottawa for medical doctors as well as to find you the best mortgage rates in Ottawa.
- A program that uses future income for qualification purposes. For medical professionals who have recently completed or are in at least their third year of residency.
- Medical residents who are in at least their third year of residency or fellowship.
- Newly practicing physicians that have started practicing within the last 12 months.
- Medical residents who are at least in their third year are permitted to qualify based on a family medicine specialization of $185,000, or
- Medical residents who are in their last year of residency. Or, within the first 12 months of practicing
- Note, given family medicine’s residency program is 2 years in length, you may qualify using projected income when they’re in their second year of residence for family medicine.
- Note, verification of actual income is also required.
Eligible purposes for medical doctor mortgages:
Documentation requirements for medical doctor mortgages:
- Confirmation of your enrolment in residency. This must include what year you are currently in (or date of completion for applicants who have recently completed their education)