What is required
1) Photo ID
- a photo of your passport or driver’s licence is acceptable
- ID must not be expired
- health cards are not accepted
2) Void cheque or pre authorized debit form
- a photo of a void cheque is acceptable
- most online banking websites allow you to access a sample void cheque or pre authorized debit form
- please visit your online banking website or visit your bank branch to obtain one
3) Recent mortgage statement or renewal notice
- click here to see a sample mortgage statement
- the mortgage statement MUST HAVE your name, the mortgage number and your address
- a desktop screenshot of your mortgage details MAY be accepted, only if it contains the information noted above
4) Recent property tax bill
- please look at your bill and if there is an amount due, YOU MUST provide proof your taxes are paid in full or that you are set up for automatic payment
- any property taxes due must be paid in full prior to closing
- click here to visit the tax bill and payment options section of the City of Ottawa website
5) Proof of home insurance
- if you do not have a copy of your home insurance policy, you can email your home insurance company and they will email you a copy
- previously completed appraisals will not be accepted
- appraisals cost approximately $350
DOES IT PASS THE TEST OR WILL IT BE REJECTED?
Is my ID expired?
Is my mortgage statement dated within the last year?
Does my property tax bill show an balance due/owing at the bottom?
Does my home insurance expire within 30 days before or after my closing date?
If you cannot answer yes, DO NOT send the document
Click here to return to the refinance checklist