When looking for a mortgage, one of the questions that may arise is should you use a mortgage broker or go to your bank? Also, you may be asking what is the difference between a mortgage broker and a bank? It’s hard to describe all the value a mortgage broker can offer in a few sentences, so here are 16 reasons to use a mortgage broker and Andrew Thake in particular.
16 Reasons to Use a Mortgage Broker
- Here For You Now and in the Future. I am here for you now and in the future. I love to form a long term relationship with my clients so that you have a person you can trust for your mortgage now and at each renewal. With being in the mortgage business for over 14 years, I have helped many clients with their renewal, refinance and rental property needs. Plus helping client's family, friends, colleagues and more.
- A Virtual Service. I can assist clients completely online and over the phone. This will save you time as there is no need to take time off work or out of your evening or weekend to visit a bank branch.
- A Secure Process. Documents can be uploaded to a secure documents portal. There is no need to print your documents to bring to the bank branch or to email your documents.
- A Fast Process. A pre approval review can be completed in as little as 10 minutes. That way you are ready to make an offer on a home with confidence sooner. A fast paced real estate market demands a fast mortgage expert.
- Better Rates. One of the many reasons to use a mortgage broker is so they can help find you a great rate. I process dozens of mortgage applications a month. Also, I have access to dozens of banks, credit unions and monoline lenders. With that, I know exactly what rates are available in the market. Your bank representative will only be able to show you rates with one bank.
- Mortgage Bodyguard. I work for you and not the bank, and more-so the bank's shareholders. My only goal is to get you the best rate with the most amount of options. My loyalty is to you and your savings, not the bank and their profits.
- An Unbiased Opinion. As I work for you and not the bank, I will be able to tell you what banks have good mortgage options and what banks do not. If you ask 5 restaurants if they all have the best food or 5 hotels if they all have the best beds, they will all say yes. If you ask 5 banks if they have the best mortgage, they will all say yes. However I am sure you have a bad meal at a restaurants or slept in a bad bed at a hotel. I can tell you what banks have good mortgage options for your needs and what ones do not. Need an example fr a mortgage option that may or may not be right for you? Take a look at collateral mortgages.
- Free Service. My service is free to you with all traditional lending. I am paid by the lender, just like your real estate agent is free to you and is paid by the seller.
- A licensed professional. A mortgage course needs to be completed to offer mortgages as well and annual course and relicensing.
- Trusted Professionals. If needed I can connect you with other trusted professionals for a real estate, agent, financial planner, real estate lawyer, home inspector and more.
- More Options. More lenders to choose from means more possibilities for getting you approved. Keep reading for more great reasons to use a mortgage broker.
- Here For You in the Good Times and the Bad. I am here for you in the good times and the bad times. With access to alternative lenders, private lenders, bad credit mortgages and more, I can assist you through the good times and the bad times.
- Less Stress. Buying a home is a large financial decision. Whether buying a home for the first time or the tenth time it can be stressful. At all times I will be working hard to make the process as stress-free as possible.
- A Huge Network. I work at one of Canada’s largest mortgage companies which gives me access to dozens of great lenders with highly competitive rates. Also an amazing network of mortgage brokers across the country to share best practices with to help serve you better.
- Debt Reduction. I an help you with tips to reduce your debt. Also I have access to loans that can assist you with achieving a lower rate or to consolidate debt.
- Ability to Speak Openly. It can be scary to tell your bank and financial worries you may have, especially when at the same time, applying for a mortgage. One of the best reasons to use a mortgage broker is that they work for you and not the bank. I am here to listen without judgement and find a great mortgage option for your needs.
Ready to apply?
Call me today at 613-699-2006
If you are ready to start your mortgage journey, contact me today.
Prefer to start the mortgage process online? Complete in a no cost, no obligation, no credit check secure online application today. Get in touch with one of the best Ottawa mortgage brokers.