My personal savings
What is required
1) Three months of account history showing savings
- the best way to complete this is to log into your online banking, go to your e-statements, save and send the last three months of statements
What you must know
- if the funds were held in more then one account during the three months, you must provide the most recent account history for the period of time the funds were within the different accounts
- the statement or a combination of statements must show your name, the financial institutions name, the account number and the three months history
- lenders will not accept documents with information blacked-out
- mobile phone screenshots are not accepted
- cash deposits are typically not accepted by a lender for the down payment on a purchase
- the down payment cannot come from a borrowed resource such as a line of credit
DOES IT PASS THE TEST OR WILL IT BE REJECTED?
Does the document have the financial institution’s name on it?
Does the document have my name on it?
Can I see 3 months of account history (For example, from April 15 to July 15)?
Is the documents unaltered (For example, no information been blacked out or the document has not been written on)?
If you answered YES to all of the above, please send the document
If you answered NO to any of the above, the document will not be accepted by the lender
Click here to return to the purchase checklist